Search This Blog

Friday, October 19, 2012

Pumpkin Curry Soup

I whipped this up tonight in the amount of time it took me to bake a couple loaves of bread (which, for those of you who haven't made my bread, takes 30 minutes). It was delicious! I could tell my husband was skeptical but one bite and he was sold! SO! Here goes.

Ingredients:
4 large carrots, peeled and chopped
1 can pumpkin puree (NOT pumpkin pie filling)
1 can light coconut milk
2/3 c. chicken broth
1 t. ginger
1 t. cinnamon
3/4 t. curry powder
dash salt
feta cheese (optional, but highly recommended)

Directions:
1. Put carrots in a sauce pan with about an 1/8 cup water. Steam until soft enough to mash (about 10 minutes). Use potato masher to mash in pan. (If you don't want any lumps at all, you can puree it in a blender, but I like a little substance personally.)
2. Add pumpkin, coconut milk, and broth. Stir to incorporate. Add seasoning. Turn burner to low and allow the soup to warm completely through.
3. Serve with feta crumbles for a sweet-salty scrumptiousness.

No comments: