Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Mallory's Tasty Spinach-Artichoke Dip in a Cinch



So my husband called me from work one day, and the conversation went something like this:

Him: "So, D and G invited us over to watch the game tonight."
Me: "Oh, cool!"
Him: "So I told them we'd bring chips and dip--or ya know, some kind of appetizer."
Me: "Oh..."
Him: "Is that cool?"
Me: "Yeah, I'm sure we have something."

Let me make it clear that if there are two things you probably wont find in our apartment, they're chips and dip. But I knew I must--must--have something for making a dip. I jumped online and searched around and then I remembered those marinated artichokes I had bought for a pizza that we never made last week. Then I remembered the spinach-artichoke dip we had the last time we visited some of my husband's family--one of his cousins had just gotten a job working at a local market (he's in high school) and he was the salsa boy! (No bright costumes required. He made salsa and dips, etc.) And I thought, "Hmmmmm...I bet I can recreate that!" So I dug into my fridge and thus was born Mallory's Tasty Spinach-Artichoke Dip in a Cinch!

Ingredients:
8 oz. cream cheese, slightly softened
2 handfuls of baby spinach, chopped
1 green onion (including white), chopped fine
1 (6.5 oz) jar marinated artichokes, chopped coarse
some of the marinade
1/4 c. parmesan cheese 
2 cloves garlic

Directions:
1. With a hand beater, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add all other ingredients and beat until well mixed. Adjust as needed. Serve with crackers.

No comments: