Search This Blog

Monday, October 13, 2008

Sauteed Vegetables

Mike loves it when I've got fresh vegetables and nothing to do with them 'cause then I'm forced to saute them. (Sometimes I just do it anyway, just 'cause they're so good!)

The amounts of course vary a lot, depending on how much you're cooking, so there's not too much of a point to putting amounts at all. I never measure them out anyway when it comes to sauteing. Here are the ingredients though:

Olive oil (some people like to mix this with butter, but I only do that for asparagus)
Minced garlic, or garlic powder
Vegetable (our favorites are summer squash, zucchini, asparagus, and tomatoes) - cut in discs, (just snap the asparagus)
Salt & Pepper

Heat the oil and start to saute the garlic. (If you're using garlic powder, wait until the vegetables are added, then dust it over them.) Add the desired vegetable and saute until they've browned just slightly on either side. Watch them carefully so they don't burn. Pull them out and place on a paper towel to absorb some of the excess oil. Salt and pepper to taste.

I often serve this as a little appetizer when our friends come over for dinner. They take almost no time, and let me finish getting dinner on the table. It honestly amazes me how much everyone loves them every time.

No comments: